Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tagged!


Brent Wescott of Building Castles on the Beach tagged me for this fun little blogger's game a while ago and I'm (finally) making good. (I have a couple of awards to catch up on as well, but need to pace myself here, y'all. All will be done in time. God willing.)

Anyway.

The first part of the game is that I've gotta tell you 11 things about myself. (I'm sorry.)
  1. Whenever I'm asked, "What's your favorite (insert item)?" my mind always goes blank.
  2. The same applies when I'm asked to think up stuff about myself.
  3. As much as possible, I avoid watching the news on TV (because the real world is often le suck and I just can't handle it).
  4. Red's my favorite color.
  5. I love cold weather.
  6. Summertime depresses me (I have reverse SAD, I guess).
  7. Exerting myself (or even just standing around for too long) in the double whammy of high heat and humidity can cause me to faint. (That happened to me last Monday morning at my commuter train station.) (I was totally OK after I lied down for a bit, though I did miss my train.) (Wouldja believe a paramedic just happened to be in the station parking area and a bunch of my fellow commuters flagged him down to come check me out?) (New Yorkers are way nicer than we're given credit for being.)
  8. I can read or I can write; I can't seem to manage writing my stuff if I'm also reading someone else's.
  9. The only time I have any interest in sports is during the World Cup and I lose interest as soon as Portugal's out of the game.
  10. For a Sagittarian, I'm perversely travel-impaired in that I don't drive, can't ride a bike or swim, and hate flying.
  11. I must have an aura of helpfulness about me, as strangers on the street frequently stop me to ask me for directions and whatnot. (Why would anyone think I knew anything?)
The second part is I've got to answer 11 questions that Brent asks in the post in which he tagged me. Except Brent posed only 7 questions, bless him:

1. What kind of thing do you prefer to read?
Regency and paranormal romances, stories of horror, whimsy, and/or the supernatural.

2. When you were 13, what did you want to do with your life?
I wanted to be a detective. (OK, I wanted to be a Charlie's Angel, gimme a break.)

3. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Discuss.
Miracle Whip is an abomination unto the Lord. Just sayin'.

4. If you could join any group or club, what would it be?
Uh...The Extraordinary League of Published and Commercially Successful Beyond Their Wildest Dreams Writers. (What? That's not a group? Aw, man...)

5. What is the last song you listened to?

6. When you have nothing else to do, what do you do?
Surf the Interwebs.

7. If you could make a difference by boycotting one thing, what would it be?
Exploitation ("reality") TV.

The third part is tagging 11 other bloggers and the fourth bit is posing 11 questions for them to answer. (::sighs:: Wow, this is WAY more work than my lazy arse is accustomed to doing, I'll tell you what.)

OK, so here are the poor unfortunates lovely blogs I've decided to harass tag:

The Enchanted Writer

Random Stream of Consciousness

Abso-fraggin-lutely

Brits in the USA

Diary of a Writer in Progress

Elise Fallson

No Natural Mama

Pull Up A Toadstool

Shouldn't Life Be More Than This?

Tahoma Beadworks and Photography

The DM's Screen

AND here are the questions y'all gots to answer:
  1. Who would win in a fight: Captain Jack Sparrow or Willy Wonka (as played by Johnny Depp)? Defend your answer.
  2. What is your least favorite color and why is it so?
  3. Who was your first celebrity crush?
  4. What are your favorite hamburger (or veggieburger) fixings?
  5. What's the lamest superpower ever?
  6. What's a non-conventional method of dispatching vampires and why do you think it would work?
  7. All you really need is...?
  8. What is your favorite Duran Duran song? ("I don't have one," or "I love them all," are unacceptable answers.)
  9. In the song Wannabe, Scary Spice tells us she "...really, really, really wanna zigazig-ah." What the devil did she mean by that?
  10. When the going gets tough, to what (or whom) do you turn for comfort?
  11. What is your favorite cocktail (if you don't dig cocktails, what's your favorite drink, generally)?
Folks whom I've tagged, let me know when (if!) you've posted your answers to these (I'm especially interested in learning the answer to question #9, as it's plagued me for ages).

16 comments:

  1. It's nice to know I'm not the only person who dislikes summer! I'm happiest in winter, can't wait for it to come round again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers. I love Fire Woman. I haven't heard that song in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are a riot!!!!!! You and I are so much alike, esp. w/ the reverse SAD thing in summer and being prone to heat stroke. I will work on my answers to your very amusing and creative questions! But....I've never heard the Scary Spice song! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this. If you hadn't, who knows what might have happened to the fabric of time and space, not to mention Al Gore's internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate summer (I blame growing up in Louisiana), still flopping around attempting to learn to swim, still learning to ride a bike. I love how the internet brings us geeks together! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura - me too, dang it! :-)

    @Heather - I heart that tune, too.

    @JoJo - You didn't know that Spice Girls tune????? Ohmigosh, it was ALL OVER the airwaves in '96!

    @Brent - I take my space-time continuum duties pretty seriously, Dude. Pre-tty. SRSLY. (I'd be interested in getting your take on question #9 as well.)

    @Henri - You've made *way* more progress than I have! And LOL, yes - Geeks of the Web, Unite! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved learning more 'bout 'cha!

    And he answer to #9 seems obvious: "Zig-zag" as in "back-and-forth" or reciprocating motion, specifically those involving pelvic thrust-and-release; and "Ah" as in the vocal emanations that would accompany such motions.

    At lest that's where my gutter mind drifts to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems a logical argument to me...though I'm a dirty birdie, myself. :-)

      Delete
  8. I'll definitely get around to this sooner or later. This made me remember that I have an award floating around somewhere which I still haven't officially taken...oh crap...can't remember who sent or on which post they left it. Uh oh, these blog hiatuses of mine are going to win me a slacker award lol! Loved reading more about you and have to say that your questions are fun. Thanks Mina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Those questions are hard! I'll have to think about them... Thanks, I think, for keeping me in mind for the tag. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll join your reality TV boycott!

    You asked some great questions. I'm still trying to get my head around the Captain Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonka question :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the devil incarnate, woman! I haven'#t been back 5 minutes and you do this to me! Grrr... I shall get even for this ;) (love you really) :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tracy - I can't wait to see your answers! (Well, you know; I can wait, I just don't want to.) ;-)

    @Gina - You can totally DO IT! :-)

    @Annalisa - My kid's response, when I posed the question to him, was, "In what universe would Willy Wonka ever beat Jack Sparrow?" You know, said with a sneer, as teens are fond of doing. :-D

    @Mark - Course you do, Mark; what's not to love? ;-) Plus - thanks! I've not been called the devil incarnate in, like, YEARS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tag!!

    Before I do a thorough answer, let me tell you that two nights ago I was with some Swedes who were reminiscing on their love for Spice Girls and we were trying to figure out what she was saying and whether anyone really knew what was said!

    I also blank when someone asks me about my self or my favorite anything... but I will try and answer the questions as best I can. Perhaps time will help me focus and get the answers together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanx for the award Mina - wow. I am too mentally exhausted today to take in the rules (SAD in reverse - love it ; yeah it's too hot but you have a groovy storm now) - the lamest superpower is clearly Iceland. will give this more thought.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @a.eye - that's a crazy coincidence, that y'all were talking about that Spice Girls tune! What were the odds??? :-)

    @David - ROTFL. I look forward to the rest of your answers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, post a comment. All the cool kids do.