My Dad checked the moon out and said, "In Portugal, we have a saying:
Não há amor como o primeiro,The best idiomatic English translation for this I can think of is:
nem luar como o de Janeiro.
Mas lá vem o de Agosto,
que lhe dá no rosto."
There's no love like the first,That's kinda romantic, right? No? Gosh, picky, picky...
nor full moon (or moonlight) like that of January.
But later comes the one in August,
Which smacks January's right in the kisser.
So I was thinking (unlikely though that seems): how about we put this old saying to the test? Here's what I propose:
- Sign up on the linky list below (where it asks for "Your name" please enter your blog's name).
- Use this badge on your blog's sidebar and Tweet or whatever to spread the word about the hop. If you don't use The Twitter, don't sweat it; join in anyway!
- On Sunday, January 27, 2013, snap a pic of the full moon.*
- Post that sucker up on your blog on Monday, January 28.
- Go check other folks' pics!
Are ya with me?????
*One of the comments below references the possibility of poor lunar visibility. If that's the case wherever you are in the world, just take a picture of the night sky and post that instead.