Totally relevant tangent: Liebster is the German word for "dearest." So what this award's meant to do, folks, is bring a little love (or liebe) to a lonely blogger's spot in the blogosphere. Aw.
Anyway—here are the Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
- Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
As for #2, I'm going to cop out and just answer and create 11 questions, 'cause I've done the 11 random things before and I'm all randomed out.
Mr. Diaz asks:
1. What genre do you write?
I write dark, whimsical romance. (That's totally a genre.)
2. What are you working on right now?
Answering your questions, Mr. Diaz. Oh, and I'm editing my Greek-Myth romance novel, That Fatal Kiss.
3. Panster or plotter?
That seems a personal question. Oh, what the hell; a bit of both.
4. What do you do when you get writer's block?
Break out the chocolate/curl into the fetal position/go for a smoke. Not necessarily in that order.
5. The best lesson you learned about writing?
To do it without expectation of anything but my own pleasure in the act of creating.
6. Which POV do you prefer to write?
Third person omniscient, which, I've been told, is old-fashioned and ought not be attempted in the modern era. (Pffffft.) I only recently experimented writing from the first person P.O.V. and quite enjoyed it.
7. How do you respond to critiques?
I'm grateful for constructive criticism which helps me deal with problematic issues in my writing, delivered with respect, as I endeavor to do.
8. Do you argue with your characters?
The main characters I'm working with at the moment are the Lord and Lady of the ancient Greek Underworld, so I don't think it wise.
9. Do you have a bad timing muse (i.e. the one who gives you the best ideas when you can't do nothing about them)?
He sometimes transmits inspiration through my dreams. I've woken up with plot points, even fully formed songs which I had only to jot down upon arising. If I don't do this, I lose the gift in my misty memory, which is my fault, not his.
10. The book you cherish the most?
Cherish, huh? Hmmm... Must there be only one? What is this, Highlander?
11. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind?
I must. Usually, it's new wave, goth rock, or alt rock. Maybe a bit of dubstep now and again, for when I'm feeling frisky.
My "questions" for my nominees will come in the form of "fill in the blanks":
1. Some movies I love are:
2. As for music, I groove to:
3. I rarely miss these TV shows:
4. I hated these foods when I was a kid, but now I heart them:
5. I like to celebrate my loved ones by:
6. Some authors whose every work I will read without fail are:
7. These colors make me feel great when I wear them:
8. I'm always up for a game of:
9. My fave treats from that special someone are:
10. I think it'd be fun to try out this job for a day:
11. I really liebe:
(Yeah, I'm a bitter old hag, but sometimes, only sometimes, mind you, I like to accentuate the positive.)
Nominees I'm about to...well, nominate: you made it to this list 'cause I dig your style, so don't hate on me for passing along this
Ari Michaels Writes (I've no idea how many followers Ari has, but she should definitely have more.)
No Natural Mama
Pull Up a Toadstool
Random Stream of Consciousness
Tahoma Beadworks & Photography
The Ranting Monkey
The Six-Fingered Monkey
OK, so if y'all were counting carefully, you'll notice I've exceeded my target number of nominees by one. You see, my Dudes, in most things, I think it's best to err on the side of generosity. Because, if I'm being honest, *I* need all the liebe I can get...